Monday, October 18, 2010

I Can't Believe It!

Last Wednesday night, My friend Lj and I were driving home from school as we always do. While we were driving, we had a couple of close encounters. We could not believe how many times we were cut off on the road. People were speeding and driving like crazy. Needless to say, when I left her house, I ended up having a car accident. I could not believe it! I was driving east on Jericho turnpike when I noticed that the car to my right was beeping his horn because a woman drove from the outer right lane and cut him off. Well instead of stopping, she continued to drive into my lane and hit my car on the passenger side. She continued to drive on my car until she was able to pull off and get in front of me. I thought because of traffic, she would drive until she could pull over. We drove a couple of blocks and I started to think she wasn't going to pull over. So, I blinked my lights and followed her until she pulled into Wendy's. I could not believe what I was saw in front of me. She pulled up to the drive thru window to order food. That was it! I pulled up next to her and got out of my car and started screaming like a crazy person. You just hit my car lady! You #$@&*#@$#&*#@. I banged on her window until she finally looked at me. My blood pressure went up so much I thought I was going to choke the living life out of this woman. The worker's in the restaurant heard everything through the intercom. I screamed "CALL THE POLICE!, this crazy woman just hit my car!" So, I pulled my car up to the window and the workers looked at me like I was nuts. I noticed they spoke Spanish so I started to explain to them what happened and the woman would not stop. The called the police again and then the Manager said, "look, she is driving away." I ran out of my car to get her plate number and she drove off. Can you believe this? I was involved in a "Hit and Run" accident. What nerve of that woman to drive away. The police finally came and said they will try to find her and I need to calm down because its only an infraction on her part because my car was not badly damaged. Bologna! If this happened to the police, they would have gone nuts. So, I am still waiting for my police report and hopefully the cops can do their job well enough to find this woman. So, just in case there is a release of video from Wendy's to channel 12 news, I am really not as crazy as you might see on the video. I could just picture the headlines, "Crazy woman attacking a car at the Wendy's drive thru because she was starving for a burger!"

encounter (verb)- to meet unexpectedly; to be faced with problems
speeding (verb)- quickness; to go quickly
traffic (noun)- the movement of a number of vehicles
blinked (verb)-to flash on and off; open and close eyes rapidly
intercom (noun)- a system of intercommunicating (communicating); talking device
infraction (noun)- a violation of law
headlines (noun)- printed line at the top of a newspaper
attacking (verb)- to set upon violently; to make an assault; to be violent to someone

*Grammar point- A modal verb modifies another verb; it expresses possibility or necessity. Verbs like may or might suggest possibility. Examples: can, shall, must, should could, will, have better, have got to, have to
You can use the word "not" to make modal verbs negative. Example:He should not be late.
He might not come to the store.

Using the list of Modal verbs, can you write a paragraph suggesting what should be done after the experience above. Example: You should call your insurance company. You have got to call your mechanic.



Word Search

reeglrbmima
etaalpinhoh
tstieoitecd
nktpaernart
uearcaendec
orccfidultn
cskfnlatinr
noitcarfnir
ecngnideeps
rsgncaicsfa
blinkedoaeo
encounter
speeding
traffic
blinked
intercom
infraction
headlines
attacking





7 comments:

  1. People never cease to amaze me! I'm glad your ok and I'm happier I didn't see you on the 11 o'clock news, portrayed as a mad woman! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That's INSANE! I commend you for NOT "choking the living life out of her" because I can't say I would have exercised such restraint! This is one of the craziest stories I've heard in a long time. Good luck with resolving this! I want more details in class this week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Well at least you are OK. I would have gone nuts also!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a story? Thank God you weren't hurt. Did you get her license plate number?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your crazy encounter. Thank God you are alive and well. I like the Grammar point. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you could use a little more BORING in your life, Jo! I am sure that those spanish ladies in Wendy's did think you were loco. I already know this to be true but!!!! Just glad you are okay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the posts. I got her plate number and the detective called me to say they found her. Can you believe it, she had a car accident right after she left me a few miles down on Jericho Trnpk. She demolished her car and the other person and they ended up in hospital. Can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete