Sunday, November 28, 2010

Florida

There are so many reasons to love and hate a vacation. The anticipation of going away with the family seems exciting but the work that goes with it is insurmountable. I couldn't wait to go to Florida with the family. I was so excited to take the kids to Sea World and Universal Studios. Both highly recommended if you haven't gone. I guess it is well worth the hassle of packing for 5 people and driving 17 hours straight. Honestly, gathering and packing for the children and the husband was a lot more difficult than the drive. Anyway, aside from the few annoyances, it was nice when we were there. I could not have asked for better weather. It was about 80 degrees every day. Sea World is and was always my favorite place. I am always so amazed by the animals and their ability to perform and learn. You feel at peace when you walk around and get to see these creatures so loved and enjoyed. We had the luck of going backstage and feeding the animals first hand. My cousin is the director of heath services there so we really got a royal treatment. My 9 year old did things she never imagined. Her favorite part was feeding the dolphins. What a fantastic experience! We love touching the stingrays too. Now, Universal Studios was another amazing experience. I finally was able to enjoy all the rides with my children because they are older. My little one was able to do things as well. I tell you its been a long time since I have been on rides and I still love it. My son had me go on everything! The best was the Rock-in roller coaster. It was insane! Another intense ride was the Simpson's simulation ride. I actually became a little nauseous. My husband turned his head and closed his eyes. What a chicken! I tell you this was really an enjoyable experience for my family but, once the fun was over I went back to work. Yes, that's right a mother's job is never done. Even though we were at the resort for a few days , I still had to cook meals, wash wet towels and clean up. Florida is a very busy and tiring vacation. You always need a vacation after leaving Orlando. The parks in itself tire you out. I am ready for another vacation but next time I think I am going alone.



anticipation (verb)- to give prior thought and attention to

hassle (verb)- to cause annoyance or inconveinience

annoyance (noun) the act of teasing or irritating

ability (noun)- being able or power to do

nasuseous (adjective)- causint the desire to vomit

vacation (noun)- a holiday, to take time off



1. The children had such _________ before going on the school trip.

2. I could not wait to go on my _______.

3. The rides at Great Adventure always make me __________.

4. I have the __________ to accomplish great things in my life.

5. Cleaning the house always seems to be such a _________.
6. Children become such an _________ after sitting in a car for 17 hours.



grammar point*

What is a helping verb?

'Helping verbs' work with the main verb to give the reader a better idea of when the action takes place - in he present, past or in the future e.g. have, had and shall.

Examples of helping verbs:


List of Helping Verbs
am
is
are
was
were
be
being
been
have
has
had
do
does
did
can
could
may
might
must
will
should
would
ought to
used to



http://www.calvaryharlingen.org/teachers_files/braxton/verbsong.htm



http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/language_arts/goforgold/content_builder/dswmedia/g2c28/nadia.htm

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting post! I have been to Sea World and all the Disney parks.

    ReplyDelete