Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

As I stated in my previous blog, "A mothers work is never done" couldn't be any more truthful. Returning from vacation on Sunday, I now had to get everyone back on track for Monday. Dealing with the hardship of unpacking and getting my life organized again, I now had to face the hardship of planning a dinner. Thanksgiving is in 4 days and I need to prepare this years meal. So, as the children went off to school on Monday and the husband back to work, I now had to clean house, pack up summer clothes, take out Thanksgiving decorations, plates etc. and go food shopping. By Wednesday I was exhausted! Wednesday morning I prepared most of the food for Thursday and left the stuffing for my husband to do that night. Yes all, he made the stuffing and scrubbed the Turkey. But , I must say that Wednesday afternoon I left open for my little one. I promised my daughter we would make cupcakes together. I out did myself this time. I made the cutest cupcakes ever! Turkey stuffed cupcakes. It was a lot of work but the end result was fantastic. My older children posted a picture on Face Book and many people commented. On Thanksgiving day, I had 13 people for dinner and everyone was amazed by these cupcakes. All in all, this is my favorite holiday. I enjoy the cooking and preparing as well as having the whole family together. I mostly enjoy the eating. So, I will leave my final blog to all of you with "Happy Thanksgiving" and best of luck on your future endeavors. Thank you for a wonderful experience as you all have invited me into a part of your lives.


decorations (noun) decorating; an ornament

exhausted (verb)- to use up, to tire out

endeavors (noun)-an attempt

hardship (noun)-personal burden

stuffing (noun)-material used to stuff or fill anything

scrubbed(noun)-to clean vigorously, to rub hard


1. I hate ___________the turkey before _________it.

2. Sometime a trip can be an _____experience.

3. Students try to have many _________ before graduating college.

4. The ________ of paying bills and feeding a family are true for many families in America today.

5. I can't wait to put up my Christamas ________.


*grammar point: What is an adverbial clause?


Adverbs often answer such questionsas how, when, where, in what way or how often? This function is called the adverbial function.
An adverb clause uses not just single words but also phrases to provide information.

Examples:
Wherever he goes, he takes a photograph. (The adverbial clause 'wherever he goes' modifies the verb takes.)
John enjoyed the play more than I did. (The adverbial clause 'than I did' modifies the adverb more.)



1 comment: